Miami-Dade Online Academy
Miami-Dade Online (MDO) Academy is a Miami-Dade County Public School providing students a comprehensive kindergarten through 12th-grade full-time virtual educational program. Here, students can expect an individualized and interactive learning environment designed to build their educational proficiency – and prepare them to be global citizens.
Need More Info?
Fill out this form to receive more information.
Family to review eligibility requirements found here.
Complete an application and submit required documentation.
Meet with the MDO team for a virtual interview.
Attend a mandatory virtual orientation this summer.
Students learn from highly-qualified virtual teachers
Miami-Dade Online Academy students learn from Florida certified teachers who instruct them with a standards-based curriculum. Students can benefit from a hands-on approach through:
- Virtual weekly classes
- Monthly student evaluations
- Progress reporting
- Multiple communication channels
- Personalized education plans
Educational success is a team effort
Miami-Dade Online Academy combines rigor, family support, and a hard-working staff to ensure student success. As such, our beliefs begin with our culture – we believe:
- The bond between parent and child strengthens that child’s ability to learn
- The relationship between teacher and student heightens the child’s understanding
- The relationship between parent and teacher ensures progression
- The relationship between parent, teacher, and administration ensures success
MDO is an accredited school with the AdvancED, a partner of the U.S. Department of Education.